Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Turmoil & More ...............

The past 15 weeks have been one of great turmoil.

AND

The past 3 weeks a period, of the greatest personal turmoil in the last decade.

Serious business philosophy & ideological differences at DAMAS, the organization that I helped create in India ground up in the last 18 months – I was constrained to seek other pastures. Not being an owner in the financial sense, however it was a heart wrenching decision, more so since a sense of helplessness pervades the entire being. More so, due to the aftermath of the decision, that shall weigh heavy.

Whilst I can only bid them Good Bye & God Speed by September, 2007 the learning I carry with me, will no doubt serve me well, the angst will remain personal!

So what does one do when one is 45, jobless, numb & clueless about the direction one wishes to pursue?

It is at times such as these you recognize & separate the chaff from the wheat. The well wishers disappear; acquaintances are too busy to attend to your calls. With never a need of executive search in the past decade, you are not networked enough. With India Rocking, with economy, retail, hospitality, so on & so forth, I understand that everyone needs a mandate to hire someone.

Amongst the well wishers & friends, who described me as Ambitious; unpredictable; impressive; regal; wonder fool; enterprising; connected; alaagh; bongastic; dynamic; Resilient; I decided to take the last word to heart.

The first thing I did was to list my strengths and weaknesses. Looking back into history, the most productive period & happy days of my professional life have been when I conceptualize, a start up from scratch, meet new people, hire the best, make presentations, train, coach, mentor people, create organizations that have systems & processes and finally make me Redundant.

Once this decision was made, it became easier; to speak to the Head hunters who (Yes) have started calling slowly; also to other entrepreneurs; funds who are very keen at this moment to invest in me???

So, there is always a requirement of Good Men, and I shall be back soon!

Regards,

Anaggh

4 comments:

Sumit K Lal said...

Hi Anagh,

I know you shall overcome! Good people always do. Should you need some assistance around the NCR, feel free to touch base with me.

BR, Sumit
lal(dot)sumit(at)yahoo(dot)com

soeb said...

we shall overcome . . .
honge kaamyaab!

the big deal is in the ends . . . the processes and systems are mere tools . . .

Unknown said...

Dear Boss,

I strongly believe that its more important to be a good human being than a great entrepreneur, which you are!!! Achhe logo ke saath hamesha achha hi hota hai!

There is no doubt that you will be back with the bang soon......

All the very best!!!!

Warm regards,
Madhurie

Sumit Suneja said...

KEEP THE FAITH!!